Thursday 19 September 2013

Spirit and Life Devotional: In the Name of Jesus (Who We Are)


Wow! I've desired for years to preach this message!

In ministering to people - including some of you reading this, when I pray for them or prophesy to them, on their own, they'll add "in Jesus name" before saying Amen. And I'll just smile. I understand them. But you see, there's a deeper level of understanding that they need.

Understand that "in the name of Jesus" is not just a phrase used to end prayers or prophecies; it communicates something a lot deeper than that: it's more about who we are. Look at Colossians 3:17, "And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." It doesn't mean you should say, "I eat in the name of Jesus", "I shake your hand in the name of Jesus"; no, it's letting us know that we are legal representatives of Jesus here on earth! NLT says, "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to the Father." Hallelujah!

Demons won't flee because you call the name of Jesus, they'll flee because you show up in the name of Jesus, that is, as a representative of Jesus. That's why the seven sons of Sceva were severely dealt with. The demon said to them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?" Acts 19:15. They had no divine authority to use that name because they were not born again; they were not sent; they were not authorised!

So when I speak, I speak knowing that I have come in the name of Jesus! It is not just Chinaemerem speaking, but Chinaemerem speaking on behalf of Christ! And I know that as a representative of Jesus, whatever I say is backed by divine power and authority and is bound to happen (if you believe). Glory to God! So it is for everyone who's born again. Hallelujah!

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+), PIN:2A6F2625

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...