Sunday 15 September 2013

Hmmm: Sexy Actress & Preacher's wife Meagan Good says God tells her how to dress

Meagan Good is a beautiful, young actress who recently got married to pastor DeVon Franklin. Being a Pastors wife and a Hollywood actress could be kinda hard with judging eyes now looking through magnifying glasses. Well, it's just natural for people to expect more from a 'pastor'. In case you're wondering, she starred in Think Like A Man, Stomp The Yard, Saw (5), Deliver Us From Eva, amongst others. 

Megan caused a lot of controversy when she rolled into the BET Awards wearing an outfit that left nothing to our imagination(above right): Her body parts were in full display, with the dress going down to her navel.

Some thought that her outfit was not exactly fitting of a preacher’s wife, but Good seems defiant in believing that she can dress and act however she wants and that it doesn’t make her any less holy than anyone else. If that’s true, then does that mean that an adult film star can also say they have as good of a connection to God as anyone else?

Good recently spoke about the issue, saying that she thinks that the constraints of the church are simply unfair. Good appears to believe that God is the one who is telling her to wear the outfits that she puts on in public, and that it can’t be anything else.

“Some people feel like I should wear a turtleneck or something but that’s not who I am. If that’s not what God tells me to do then I’m not going to do that to make other people comfortable,” she said during an interview on Vlad TV.

Good also says that she represents young women who are being misjudged for the way they dress. She also says that she is building God’s kingdom, even when she is half-naked.

“I’m comfortable with me, I love me. And I feel like I speak to girls and women that are like me…That are often misjudged and often looked down or talked about because people don’t get their heart or their spirit based off something as small as what they might choose to wear that day.”

“…I try to be love and light to them, I try to do what I can to build God’s kingdom and reach people that I immediately connect with because we are similar,” she continued.

Hmmm, what do you guys think? Megan Good is a beautiful brilliant actress, she doesn't need to seek attention. Ok, let's not see it as a preachers wife, lets look at it from the perspective of just a Christian woman. As a Christian, regardless of profession, should a woman dress provocatively? 

1 comment:

  1. Go and sit down Meagan. You can't eat your cake and have it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...