Friday 20 September 2013

Inspired? 10-year-old female entrepreneur is setting the world on fire


Asia Newson, at the age of 10, is leaving her imprint on the hearts and minds of industry leaders in Detroit, USA.

“I want to let everyone know that I am Detroit’s youngest entrepreneur and I like to do what I like to do,” Asia recently told Local 4.

Newson is a young businesswoman who is determined to live life on her own terms. She sells candles with her father and wants other young people to understand the value of hard work. “I teach young people, like myself, how to make their own money,” Newson said about her business, Super-Business Girl.

The no-nonsense entrepreneur is serious about her craft. “Some of my trainees are older than me, but I’m ten, this is my company and I’m the boss of the company so you have to listen to me, and if you don’t then I don’t know what to tell you,” she said emphatically.

At one point, Newson met Dan Gilbert, the multi-billionaire who founded Quicken Loans and now owns prime real estate throughout Detroit.  Recognizing him from his commercials, she was not awe-struck; instead, she was compelled to learn more about running a successful business. She even asked if they could have a follow-up meeting.
 
At the tender age of 10, she is already forecasting her plans for the future, “I would like to have a store front in his [Gilbert’s] building and the Compuware Building. That’s my main goal.”

Understandably, both of Asia’s parents are proud of her accomplishments and drive. “She inspires me. She’s kind, she’s outspoken and she’s intelligent,” her mother said.

A local Detroit company, Bamboo Detroit, whose theme is: “Work for yourself. Not by yourself”, started assisting Asia and the Newson family three months ago.

Both of the co-founders of Bamboo Detroit see great things in her future. “I think that she will become one of the most successful young persons that America has in all honesty,” said Brian Davis one of the co-founders.

“She already has it right. She already knows about customers, she knows how to structure a business. It’s incredible,” asserted the other co-founder Mike Ferlito.

We wish Asia Newson continued success as she steps into her greatness. She is a prime example that with love, support and perseverance, there is no age limit for ingenuity.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...