Tuesday 20 August 2013

Spirit & Life Devotional: For the gospel's sake

We can define greatness in many ways, depending on what standards and criteria that's being used. But who's a great man in the sight of God? The richest or the strongest men? Or would it be those who have done so much to advance His kingdom? The answer is obvious.

What's the greatest thing you've done for the sake of the gospel? Apart from giving your offerings and maybe tithes, have you really done anything significant for the sake of the gospel you believe? Have you paid any price? Have you made any sacrifices? How much of your time, resources and energy has been invested in promoting the gospel and in getting souls saved?

Paul wrote, "For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without the law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be a partaker of it with you." 1 Corinthians 9:19-23.

The magnitude of your love, both for God and men, will determine the greatness of your sacrifice. As you dream, have dreams of doing great things for the sake of the gospel.

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+), PIN:2A6F2625

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...