Thursday 15 August 2013

Spirit & Life Devotional: Greater Works

Jesus said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." John 14:12-14

Now, it is clear that we are yet to see a full manifestation of the above; not that it isn't happening already, but many believers are yet to comprehend it: only a handful of us are fulfilling the above because they dared to believe it; the rest of us have been content using the name of Jesus to get things for ourselves, instead of changing the world and changing lives.

We can do greater works because Jesus was glorified after His death and resurrection. Philippians 2:9-11 says that "God has elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Hallelujah!

Jesus said He will do anything we ask in His name! Using His name, the name above all names, we can and should do what He did and greater works! You don't have to be a prophet to do that, all you need is faith in Him.

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+), PIN:2A6F2625 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...