Wednesday 2 October 2013

"It is all lies!": Oprah says she has never suffered a nervous breakdown, not even over OWN

Did Oprah Winfrey fold under the pressure of trying to run her own network?  The answer is no, at least according to Oprah.  The queen of all media is coming out publicly to state that she never had the breakdown that people keep talking about and that the rumors simply are not true.

Winfrey spoke with “Access Hollywood” to set the record straight.  She said that she was worried about the future of OWN and having to also figure out how to fit in her shoots for “The Butler” at the same time.   She says that her schedule was certainly filled to capacity and that it was very tough for her.


“In the beginning, it was just sort of speeding and a kind of numbness and going from one thing to the next thing to the next thing. I will tell you when I realized that I thought, ‘All right, if I don’t calm down I’m gonna be in serious trouble.’ I was in the middle of doing voice overs  you know? And I remember closing my eyes in between each page because looking at the page and the words at the same time was too much stimulation for my brain,” she said.

But Winfrey made it clear that she wasn't losing it.  She was just having a tough moment of clarity for herself and her situation.

“I mean, I wasn’t ready to go run naked in the streets. Let’s make that very clear. But I had reached a point where I just couldn't take in any more stimulation. OK? That’s what I meant by that.”

Gayle King, Oprah’s best friend for decades, also chimed in on her behalf, stating that the rumors aren't true.

“It’s being portrayed like she was very close to losing it and that she couldn’t take it anymore and that was not the case. It was one of those things where you say ‘this is a lot, but she wasn't about to lose it,’” King explained to her morning show co-hosts.


“Never had a breakdown. not even close. story blown way out of proportion. #OverWorked,” Oprah said on Twitter.


Source: Your Black World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...