Tuesday 30 July 2013

Spirit and Life Devotional: Dwelling In His Presence

Once upon a time, Moses moved his tent and pitched it outside the camp of the Israelites: that tent was known as The Tabernacle Of Meeting. It was a place for seeking the Lord. Now, Exodus 33:11 reveals that whenever Moses left the Tabernacle for the camp, Joshua his servant, did not depart from there. Joshua always remained behind, dwelling in the presence of the Lord; seeking God and ministering to Him; Joshua was never in a hurry to leave the presence of God.


I grew up listening to Don Moen sing one of the best songs I've ever heard, "I just want to be where You are, dwelling daily in Your presence, I don't want to worship from afar, draw me near to where You are. I want to be where You are, dwelling in Your presence, feasting at Your table, surrounded by Your glory, in Your presence, that's where I always want to be."

Juanita Bynum sang, "In Your presence that's where I belong, in Your presence that's where I am strong, seeking Your face, touching Your grace, in the cleft of the rock." Shana Wilson sang, "If I can just press in Your presence and behold the beauty of your face, and never leave this place again, and leave all my cares behind, I will just lay at Your feet, and praise at Your feet!"

Oh! Brothers and sisters, where else would you rather be? Can everything else just wait? Thankfully we don't have to climb up the mountains just to be in His presence, He is wherever you are, and will always be with you; just be conscious of His presence, learn to concentrate on Him and celebrate His awesome presence. In His presence there's liberty!

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), PIN:2A6F2625

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...