Tuesday 25 June 2013

We'll always remember Michael Jackson!

It's been four years since Michael Jackson died, on June 25, 2009, from cardiac arrest caused by a lethal combination of prescription drugs. His death, later ruled a homicide, shocked fans and musicians across the world.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was away on a weekend vacation with my Bestie when i got a call from my sister, who was in Los Angeles, saying Mikey had been admitted into the hospital and it was critical. 

My first reaction was to cry, so was my second and third. It was a day i had dreaded, a day i thought would come much later in my life.
With tears running down my cheeks I said a little prayer for my childhood hero, unknowing that he had already passed.
Then came another call from my sister breaking the sad news. It was over!
My vacation was ruined. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't have fun...we returned to school earlier than planned. She (Bestie) couldn't understand why I was devastated by his demise...a mystery only me can relate with.
Four years later and it doesn't get any easier. His songs still get me emotional. 
RIP MJ!
Jackson rose to fame in 1964 as the youngest member of his family's Motown group, the "Jackson 5," and continued to dominate the music industry with best-selling hits such as "Thriller," "Billie Jean" and "Beat It."
Jackson is survived by his three children, Prince Michael Jackson II, Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. and Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. I remember crying when I heard the news. I felt so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried like a baby. He was an angel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...