Wednesday 19 June 2013

Drake opens up on Chris Brown feud, Rihanna relationship: ‘It could end really badly’

Drake had a lot to say about his feud with Chris Brown and his worries about Rihanna in the July issue of GQ Magazine.

Rapper Drake has kept quiet about the fight with singer Chris Brown that transpired last year at a New York City night club — believed to be over his rumored fling with Brown's ex-girlfriend Rihanna - but in the July issue of GQ magazine, the Canadian artist confesses he wishes he could talk to Brown about the incident.

"I hear he has everything he could want now," Drake told GQ, referring to the off-and-on relationships between Brown, Karreuche Tran and Rihanna. "I don't want my name to be synonymous with that guy's name. I really don't. I wish we could sit down, just like you and me are right now, and talk it out man-to-man. But that's not going to happen."

The 26-year-old "Successful" rapper and Brown, 24, both partied at W.i.P night club in Manhattan last June, and supposedly sent rude messages and bottles of alcohol back and forth to each other. According to reports, Drake sent a note to Brown suggesting he had slept with Rihanna, 25. The exchanges led to a glass-shattering fist fight that left a bodyguard, the restaurant, basketball player Tony Parker, and Brown himself — all injured.

"I'm not confrontational, but if someone challenges, I'm not going to back down," Drake added.
"It's embarrassing, the amount of media coverage…Two rappers fighting over the woman. He's not even a rapper, but still, it's the last way you want your name out there. It distracts from the music. But he's made me the enemy, and that's the way it's gonna stay, I guess."

Drake never actually explains his relationship with Rihanna, but the rapper does suggest he may be concerned for the "Diamonds" singer's safety with Brown.

"If I think about it too much, I feel it wrapping around my foot, like I get a feeling it could end really badly," he said, without adding much more detail. "Like, it gets really dark."


1 comment:

  1. Pleaseeeeeeeee Drake Get a life. Stop trying to further drum up beef. No one has time for that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...