Friday 14 June 2013

Spirit and Life Devotional: The Prosperity of the Righteous


THE POSTERITY OF THE RIGHTEOUS

A friend asked why I write dates and prices on books I buy, and I said it was for the sake of my children. I may not be married, but I've never stopped to think about my future generations. I'm living a life that will secure blessings for them, I'm building a great name for them! I don't live for today alone, I live for the future.

David was kind to Mephibosheth for the sake of his father Jonathan (2 Samuel 9). Though Jonathan had since been dead, his seed was still living off him. That's true greatness. God thinks posterity: when He looks at a man, He doesn't see only that man, He sees the man's future generations. Understand that what you do today has effects on generations.

Psalm 112:1-2 says, "Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed." Isaiah 61:9 says, "Their descendants shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people. All who see them shall acknowledge them, That they are the posterity whom the Lord has blessed."

May your posterity be blessed, notable and mighty upon the earth. As I pray for you, I also encourage you to live a life that will secure blessings for your posterity. Walk with God and delight greatly in His word. Cheers.

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...