Saturday 15 June 2013

Spirit and Life Devotional: Dare to Fail

DARE TO FAIL

In the parable of the talents, the excuse the servant who buried his talent gave was, "Master, I know you have high standards and hate careless ways, that you demand the best and make no allowances for error. I was afraid I might disappoint you, so I found a good hiding place and secured your money." Matthew 25:24-25 MSG

Some of you reading this message are just like that servant. You know deep within you that by now you should have come out of your boat and be walking on the water. But you've let the fear of failure overcome you and keep you affixed in one spot. No!

The message for you this morning is, Dare to fail! Being afraid of failure only makes you a failure, because you would have failed by failing to pursue your dreams and fulfil your purpose on earth. I refuse to be a failure! I refuse to be stopped by the possibility of failure! If I fail, I fail; but at least I tried.

Instead of being afraid, why don't you choose to let God guide you? I love the quote by Minnie Louise Haskins, "I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied, 'Go into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way!”

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including devotionals in your blog. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...