Sunday 29 June 2014

Spirit And Life Devotional: Accepting Criticism Gracefully


Micah 3:8 ERV “But the Lord’s Spirit has filled me with power, goodness, and strength. So I can tell Jacob about his crimes, and so I can tell Israel about his sins!”
There have been times in my life when I was scared to go to church because of something wrong I did; I was afraid that some prophet would see a vision of what I had done and rebuke me publicly. But God is merciful. His aim is not to embarrass us, but to restore us back to fellowship with Himself. Hallelujah!

I respect people who can tell me that what I’m doing is wrong or that I can do something better; to me, they love me more! They may not always be right, but I appreciate their concern. Yes, I believe what the Bible says, that open rebuke is better than secret love.
Not everyone who tries to correct you is a hater. Not all critisms are from Satan the accuser of the brethren. God corrects and discipline those He loves: ask David; we all need at least a Nathan in our lives through whom God can call us to order. A true preacher will not only tell you what you want to hear and things that are pleasant; he’ll also tell you about things you need to stop doing, things that can prevent you from going to heaven, and about things that won’t make you have a great life here on earth. I like what William Arthur Ward said, “To bear defeat with dignity, to accept criticism with poise, to receive honors with humility — these are marks of maturity and graciousness.”
Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+), PIN:7B166AA7, www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional, Join our BBM Channel, PIN: C004F1183

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...